Durex Industries is an ISO 9001 registered manufacturer of custom thermal components for any industry application that requires heat, sensing and temperature control. We are currently hiring Grinders on 1st and 2nd shift.
- Cut gates and risers prior to clean up of foundry castings.
- With assistance of hand/power tools, removes excess material and cleans the surface of castings.
- Cut elements and cooling tubes (using shop saw or a hand grinder) as required or per blueprint specifications.
- Shot blast castings before they are moved to manual machining process.
- Perform air pressure tests as required
Experience and Skills Required:
We are looking for detail-oriented individual who is able to work independently in a HOT (foundry) environment and is mechanically inclined, able to stand 8-10 hours a day and lift up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to use hand tools (i.e., pneumatic, wrenches, hammers, chisels)
- Ability to read rulers and blueprints
- Understand thread sizes and diameters
- Read and interpret prints
- Work fairly independently or under minimal supervision of the Team Lead
To be considered for employment, please click below and complete our online application. You may also submit your application and/or resume via e-mail to Recruiter2@durexindustries.com or visit us in person. A pdf version of the application is available below. After reviewing your resume/application, we will contact you if an appropriate available position meets your qualifications. We appreciate your interest in Durex Industries!
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Human Resources Department at 847 639-5600 or Recruiter2@durexindustries.com.
Download Employment Application – 130KB (PDF)
Durex Industries is an ISO 9001 registered manufacturer of custom thermal components for any industry application that requires heat, sensing, and temperature control. Durex Industries is located at 190 Detroit Street, Cary, Illinois, 60013. Phone: 866-712-5014. Fax: 847-639-2199. An equal opportunity employer.