Durex Industries is an ISO 9001 registered manufacturer of custom thermal components for any industry application that requires heat, sensing, and temperature control. We have an immediate need for a Machine Operator in the Foam Department that sets up and operates different machines to feed to other parts of the Foam Department. This is a full-time 1st shift (Monday through Friday, 7 am -- 3:30 pm). Overtime may be required.
- Set up and operate different department machines
- Obtain floor stock and required material
- Cut material to required size
- Log scrap
- Other duties as assigned within the department
Experience and Skills Required:
We are looking for individuals who are able to stand 8-10 hours a day, lifting and carrying up to 65 pounds on an occasional basis. Pushing/Pulling/walking/power grasping on a frequent basis. Individuals must be able to work 8-10 hours a day and, if necessary, 5 hours on Saturday. Having a mechanical aptitude is helpful.
Other skills include:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Read and interpret prints
- Ability to read scales and rulers
- Must have good math, reading, writing and measuring skills
- Experience using hand tools (i.e., utility knife and steel rule die)
- Previous CNC experience a plus
- Work fairly independently or under minimal supervision of the Team Lead/Supervisor
- Ability to effectively communicate to employees, supervisors and management
- Safety/quality minded
- Good work ethic
- Organized and detail oriented
- Takes responsibilities for own actions including the impact of own decisions on others
- Previous manufacturing machining experience preferred
To be considered for employment, please click below and complete our online application. You may also submit your application and/or resume via e-mail to Recruiter2@durexindustries.com or visit us in person. A pdf version of the application is available below. After reviewing your resume/application, we will contact you if an appropriate available position meets your qualifications. We appreciate your interest in Durex Industries!
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Human Resources Department at 847 639-5600 or Recruiter2@durexindustries.com.
Download Employment Application – 130KB (PDF)
Durex Industries is an ISO 9001 registered manufacturer of custom thermal components for any industry application that requires heat, sensing, and temperature control. Durex Industries is located at 190 Detroit Street, Cary, Illinois, 60013. Phone: 866-712-5014. Fax: 847-639-2199. An equal opportunity employer.