Production Manufacturing Supervisor
The Production Supervisor is responsible for directing the activities of a production department; completing production schedules on-time and ensuring quality standards are being adhered to by the department; assisting in the hiring process and administering company policies, practices, and procedures; meeting expected production efficiencies and ratings & on-time measurements.
Production Supervisor Job Responsibilities
- Reviews production schedule daily and assigns work to production employees.
- Completes weekly production schedule and communicates job or material problems to scheduler and manager and assures minimum overdue work orders or operations.
- Assures that operators are meeting standard production rates on router and performs work order analysis and takes recommended actions needed to be taken when rates are not met.
- Communicates staffing requirements to meet production requirements to affected personnel and management.
- Manages shop hours and controls overtime premium cost.
- Ensure that employees are properly trained, directed and supervised.
- Ensures safety work practices and enforces all company policies and practices.
- Develop improved methods of manufacturing to increase efficiencies and perform improvement/cost reduction tasks as directed.
- Meet established key measurements.
- Provide tool management and preventive maintenance per procedure.
- Direct and supervise process inspection and test to ensure product quality.
- Assist engineering on the correct NCAR process and communicate as required to affected personnel and management all manufacturing problems.
Production Supervisor Experience and Skills Required:
- High School or GED equivalent.
- 3+ years job related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Shop floor, hands-on knowledge and technical know-how of department operations.
- Knowledge of blueprints, standards specifications, and machining/assembly practices.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Program.
- Safety/quality minded.
- Good work ethic.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to effectively communicate to employees, supervisors and management.
- Takes responsibilities for own actions including the impact of own decisions on others.
- Machining background helpful as this position interacts with the different machining departments.
- Manufacturing engineering background helpful as we are building new lines for our expanded product offerings.
To be considered for employment, please click below and complete our online application. You may also submit your application and/or resume via e-mail to Recruiter2@durexindustries.com or visit us in person. A pdf version of the application is available below. After reviewing your resume/application, we will contact you if an appropriate available position meets your qualifications. We appreciate your interest in Durex Industries!
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Human Resources Department at 847 639-5600 or Recruiter2@durexindustries.com.
Download Employment Application – 130KB (PDF)
Durex Industries is an ISO 9001 registered manufacturer of custom thermal components for any industry application that requires heat, sensing, and temperature control. Durex Industries is located at 190 Detroit Street, Cary, Illinois, 60013. Phone: 866-712-5014. Fax: 847-639-2199. An equal opportunity employer.