SENTINEL® Heater and Insulation Systems
Durex Industries' SENTINEL® heater and insulation systems are a turnkey thermal solution for PECVD, LPCVD, MOCVD, ALD, plasma etch and other vacuum applications. Low vapor pressure gas delivery lines need to be held at a temperature higher than the gas vaporization point in order to prevent condensation that will affect process yields. Vacuum exhaust lines remove the vapor phase by-products from the semiconductor process. Sublimation occurs when the vapor phase materials cool in a vacuum line. By heating the forelines, vacuum lines, and vacuum pumps, sublimation of ammonium chloride (AlCl2), nitrides (NH4) (NH4Cl) and other potentially hazardous materials can be substantially reduced.
The HALO® Temperature Controller and SENTINEL® Gas and Pump Line Heaters are a superior thermal solution for semiconductor applications. Internally, one HALO® temperature controller can monitor the performance and control the temperature of multiple heaters with up to 10 amp resistive loads. Integrated current sensor monitoring of each heater provides engineers with a visual HALO® indication of a heater or wiring failure.
Contact us for Engineering Assistance.
SENTINEL® Features and Benefits
Process Temperature to 180°C
- Elevates gas temperature above vapor condensation or sublimation phase
- Extends life of valves and vacuum pumps
Form-Fit Heater Construction
- Reduces potential for particle build-up in cold sections
- Optimum process performance and tool up-time
Structured Silicone Rubber Heaters
- Reduces system cost by combining the heater constructions for a specific plumbing system
- Optimizes temperature uniformity for components that require tighter temperature tolerances
- Reduces thermal system complexity
SENTINEL® Gas and Pump Line Heaters (patent pending)
- Voltage: 120, 208, or 240 VAC
- Output power lead wires: #18 AWG UL® insulated wires
- Rated 10A
- Watt density typically: <0.23 W/cm2 (1.5 W/in2)
- Process temperature: 180°C
- Standard sizes: 0.25" to 6.0" I.D.
- Color: standard gray, option orange
- Snap fasteners: 13mm (0.5 inch) nominal diameter
- Integrated thermal fuse and thermostat options
- and SEMI-S2