Durex Industries is an ISO 9001 registered manufacturer of custom thermal components for any industry application that requires heat, sensing and temperature control. We have an immediate need for a Caster on 1st shift.
Casters are responsible for preparing and setting permanent molds for Cast and/or Special Cast heater production with the use of blue prints. The Caster Operator works in a hot environment as well as under pressure.
Responsibilities of the Caster Operator include:
- Prepare & preheat permanent/sand molds
- Prepare and preheat elements
- Install elements on molds
- Pour aluminum into permanent/sand molds
- Spray and/or pour permanent molds as instructed
- Cut risers and gates as required
- Clean, fill and maintain melting furnace
- Clean and organize work station on a daily basis
Qualifications and Skills
Other skills of the Caster Operator include:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to read scales, rulers and blueprints
- Experience reading and understanding digital thermometers
- Experience using hand tools (pliers, wrenches, hammers and chisels)
- Work fairly independently or under minimal supervision of the Team Lead
- Safety/quality minded
- Good work ethic
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to effectively communicate to employees, supervisors and management
- Forklift experience a plus
- Takes responsibilities for own actions including the impact of own decisions on others.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
1st shift (Monday through Friday, 7 am -- 3:30 pm)
2nd shift (Monday through Thursday, 3:30 pm – 2 am).
*Individuals hired to work 2nd shift will train on 1st shift for a minimum of four weeks.
To be considered for employment, please click below and complete our online application. You may also submit your application and/or resume via e-mail to Recruiter2@durexindustries.com or visit us in person. A pdf version of the application is available below. After reviewing your resume/application, we will contact you if an appropriate available position meets your qualifications. We appreciate your interest in Durex Industries!
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Human Resources Department at 847 639-5600 or Recruiter2@durexindustries.com.
Download Employment Application – 130KB (PDF)
Durex Industries is an ISO 9001 registered manufacturer of custom thermal components for any industry application that requires heat, sensing, and temperature control. Durex Industries is located at 190 Detroit Street, Cary, Illinois, 60013. Phone: 866-712-5014. Fax: 847-639-2199. An equal opportunity employer.