Durex Industries is an ISO 9001 registered manufacturer of custom thermal components for any industry application that requires heat, sensing, and temperature control. We have an immediate need for an Assembler in the Flex/Foam Department who assembles parts and components necessary to complete sub-assemblies and final product. This is a full-time 1st shift (Monday through Friday, 7 am - 3:30 pm). Overtime may be required.
- Verify product (amount and length) before start up
- Assemble based on specs per drawing of parts
- Follow and complete checklist (assembly, testing, labels, etc.)
- Package as required
- During and after process, conduct checks of parts
- Produce product based on run time
- Work in a safe manner
- Perform housekeeping duties to keep area clean and free of hazards
- Other duties as assigned within the department
Experience and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to read scales and rulers
- Brazing and soldering experience preferred
- Read and interpret prints
- Experience using hand tools (drills, split pliers and open ended wrenches)
- Basic math skills
- Work fairly independently or under minimal supervision of the Team Lead
- Ability to effectively communicate to employees, supervisors and management
- Safety/quality minded
- Good work ethic
- Organized and detail oriented
- Takes responsibilities for own actions including the impact of own decisions on others
- Standing occasionally
- Sitting frequently
- Lifting/carrying 25 lbs. occasionally
- Pulling occasionally
- Fine manipulations constantly
Individuals must be able to work 8-10 hours a day; (during training 8 hours a day) and if necessary, 5 hours on Saturday.
To be considered for employment, please click below and complete our online application. You may also submit your application and/or resume via e-mail to Recruiter2@durexindustries.com or visit us in person. A pdf version of the application is available below. After reviewing your resume/application, we will contact you if an appropriate available position meets your qualifications. We appreciate your interest in Durex Industries!
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Human Resources Department at 847 639-5600 or Recruiter2@durexindustries.com.
Download Employment Application – 130KB (PDF)
Durex Industries is an ISO 9001 registered manufacturer of custom thermal components for any industry application that requires heat, sensing, and temperature control. Durex Industries is located at 190 Detroit Street, Cary, Illinois, 60013. Phone: 866-712-5014. Fax: 847-639-2199. An equal opportunity employer.