Product Design Engineer
The Product Design Engineer provides product design support for assigned product group(s), Product Manager or sales staff through product design, creation, design, confirmation of specifications, and validation of manufacturing ability within existing technologies.
Product Design Engineer responsibilities include:
- Creating design concepts for new and existing customers that conform to application specifications, specifications, performance requirements and applicable agency approvals.
- Ensuring designs for manufacturing perform to and meet all customer application parameters.
- Providing design support to manufacturing and manufacturing engineering to ensure manufacturing.
- Acting as the product design focal point for customer design changes or application assistance.
- Acting as the product design focal point for all tooling requirements related to specific designs for manufacturing.
- Acting as the product design focal point for quality assurance performance parameters as related to specific product designs.
- Completing assigned projects on-time and manage data reporting for completeness and accuracy.
Product Design Engineer experience and skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 5+ years of design experience in a manufacturing environment
- Expertise in the use of Solidworks preferred
- Previous experience of supervising is a plus
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Program
- Safety/quality minded
- Good work ethic
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to effectively communicate to employees, supervisors and management
- Takes responsibilities for own actions including the impact of own decisions on others.
To be considered for employment, please click below and complete our online application. You may also submit your application and/or resume via e-mail to Recruiter2@durexindustries.com or visit us in person. A pdf version of the application is available below. After reviewing your resume/application, we will contact you if an appropriate available position meets your qualifications. We appreciate your interest in Durex Industries!
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Human Resources Department at 847 639-5600 or Recruiter2@durexindustries.com.
Download Employment Application – 130KB (PDF)
Durex Industries is an ISO 9001 registered manufacturer of custom thermal components for any industry application that requires heat, sensing, and temperature control. Durex Industries is located at 190 Detroit Street, Cary, Illinois, 60013. Phone: 866-712-5014. Fax: 847-639-2199. An equal opportunity employer.