Flange Immersion Heaters
Flanged immersion heaters are constructed of hairpin bent tubular heater elements brazed or welded into ANSI standard flanges or plate flanges of various shapes and sizes. ANSI flange heaters are typically used for large volume, high power and/or higher pressure applications. Plate flange heaters are typically custom designed for use in smaller pieces of equipment such as boilers and chillers.
Shop Our Online Store for Standard Designed Flange Immersion Heaters.
Can't Find What You Need? Contact Us, We'll Custom Design & Manufacture to Your Requirements!
No thermostat or sensor included in base models. Contact us for custom designed engineering assistance.
ANSI Class 150 3" to 14" flange sizes standard
- Quick delivery
- Power ratings from 1kW to 500kW
Class 300 to 2500 flanges and to 40" diameter available
- Custom fit to application demands
- Ensures proper pressure rating for your needs
Copper, steel, stainless steel, and Incoloy® and other heater sheaths available
- Custom tailored to application requirements
Plate flanges designed to suit application
- Pressurized or non-pressurized applications
Integral thermostats or thermocouples available
- Allows integral control or temperature monitoring
Recompacted element bends
- Provides longer life by ensuring insulation integrity
c-UL recognized elements to 600VAC available
- Assures safe and reliable performance
Hazardous location rated terminal enclosures available
- Compliance to strict safety standards for hazloc areas
The goal is to optimize the heater configuration to ensure the longest life possible, while minimizing overall product and life cycle costs. The general temperature, sheath material and watt density guidelines below can aid in proper heater selection for some common liquids. Contact Durex for further assistance.
|Liquid||Max. Operating Temps °F (°C)||pH Level and/or Concentration||Recommended Sheath Material||Typical Plug Material||Max. Watt Density W/in2(W/cm2)|
|Clean, Potable Water
||212 (100)||Neutral (pH 6 to 8)||Copper||Brass||60-90 (9.5-14)|
|Process Water & Weak Solution||212 (100)||pH 5 to 9; 2-3%||Incoloy®, 304SS||Steel or 304SS||48 (7.5)|
|Demineralized, Deionized Water||212 (100)||Neutral||304SS or 316SS (passivated)||304SS or 316SS||60 (9.5)|
|Weak (Acidic) Solutions*||210 (100)||Up to 5-6%||Incoloy®, 316SS||Steel||48 (7.5)|
|Mildly Corrosive (Acidic) Solutions*||180 (80)||5-15%||Incoloy®, 316SS||304SS or 316SS||20-30 (3.5)|
|Severely Corrosive (Acidic) Solutions*||180 (80)||>15%||Incoloy®, titanium, Teflon®||304SS or other||15-16 (2.5)|
|Caustic Soda 10%||200 (100)||pH 14; 10%||Incoloy®||Steel||20-23 (3.5)|
|Caustic Soda 50%||250 (120)||pH 14; 50%||Incoloy®||Steel||16 (2.5)|
|Fuel Oil 1 & 2; Kerosene Lube Oil SAE 10 to 30||200-250 (95-120)||-||Steel||Steel||20-23 (3.5)|
|Fuel Oil 4 & 5; Lube Oil SAE 40 to 50||200-250 (95-120)||-||Steel||Steel||15-16 (2.5)|
|Fuel Oil 6 & Bunker C||160 (70)||-||Steel||Steel||6-8 (1.2)|
|Hydraulic Oil||100 (40)||-||Steel||Steel||15-16 (2.5)|
|Ethylene Glycol||300 (150)||-||Steel||Steel||23-30 (3.5-4.5)|
|Glycerin||500 (260)||-||Incoloy®||Steel||8-10 (1.5)|
|Molten Salt Bath||800 (425)||-||Steel, 321SS, Monel®||Steel||23-30 (3.5-4.5)|
|Paraffin Wax||150 (65)||-||Steel or 304SS||Steel||15-16 (2.5)|
|Molasses||100 (40)||-||304SS or 316SS||304SS||4-5 (0.7)|
* Sheath material and watt density dependent on type of acid, concentration, temperature, aeration, movement, etc.
- Please note that the user accepts full responsibility for validating that a heater is suitable for a given liquid or gas heating application.
- Ensure that heater elements are completely covered in liquid AT ALL TIMES. Failure to do so may cause the heater elements to operate in open air and fail prematurely, or worse, lead to ignition of flammable vapor mixtures, causing serious personal injury and equipment damage. Liquid level sensors are highly recommended.
- Durex recommends the use of a thermostat or process controller as well as a high limit sensor and FM approved safety controller to prevent unexpected over temperature conditions.
- Process Air & Gases
- Process Chemical Reactors
- Boilers and Water Heating
- Rinse Tank Heating
- Parts Cleaning Solutions
- Lube Oil & Fuel Oil Heating
- Hydraulic and Heat Transfer Oils
- Storage Tanks
- Caustic Solution Heating
- Plating & Finishing Chemicals
- Water-Glycol Solution Heating
- Freeze Protection & Winterizing
- Waste Oil
Process Heater Brochure PROC-BROC-0912 - 7MB